If you are a technology focused art teacher, (or aspiring to be one) it can be discouraging to see teachers with class sets of iPads, when you are still fighting to get a projector mounted to your ceiling or even a laptop for yourself!
The best thing about technology is the flexibility it brings. You can do so much with just one iPad, or even one laptop if you plan strategically. This is why I am so excited about some of the technology focused sessions that will be shared at the AOE Winter Online Conference. Here are just some of the ‘techie’ topics the conference will cover!
1. Learn to teach painting on the iPad – This creation method is fun and rewarding for your students, but when you are accustomed to traditional painting, it can be hard to know where to start. You will learn the secrets from an iPad artist herself, Pam Dalton!
2. Track Student Growth – Data collection can be daunting (more paperwork- gag!) Learn to track student growth and progress using inexpensive iPad Apps at the tip of your fingertips. Theresa McGee will tell you all about it.
3. Stop Motion Animation – It looks so effortless when it’s done, but there is a lot of prep work that goes into making sure students have a successful production experience. Theresa Gillespie will show you how to organize the entire project for success.
4. Skype with Schools Around the World – Why just learn about another culture when you can line up a Skype visit with another school FROM that country. Trina Harlow shows you the ins and outs of getting started with Skype learning in your classroom
5. Plan Your Lessons Digitally – Alecia Eggers will show you how to plan your entire week, month and year in ‘the cloud’ which is perfect for traveling teachers or anyone who wants streamline their planning processes.
At the conference you will find something that works for you, no matter what your technology situation (and you can do a little dreaming, too!).
For a complete listing and description of all the presentations, click here, and scroll to the bottom.
Update: We have less than 100 swag boxes left, so if you want one, register now! The boxes will be gone soon!
See you there!