Does this sound like you? Hi, I’m Jessica Balsley, founder of The Art of Education. A few years ago, I found myself in your exact same shoes. I was looking for credits to renew my teaching license and was frustrated by the lack of PD opportunities available specifically for Art Teachers.
This got me thinking… what Art Teachers really deserve is a place where they can take classes online, earn graduate credit, take electives towards a Master’s degree, renew their teaching license, and more… all with classes that are actually relevant to their classroom! Better yet, what if they could do this from the comfort of home?
Introducing AOE Classes. AOE Classes are a first-of-a-kind series of online classes designed just for Art Teachers. AOE Classes are fun, interesting, relevant, and flexible to your schedule. The best part is that you get to interact and learn with other Art Teachers from across the world while earning credit from the comfort of home. PD in your PJ’s!!!
If you have any questions as you read through this page, contact us at 515.650.3198 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll help you with any details you need.
See you in class!
AOE offers a wide variety of online classes for Art Teachers – designed by Art Teachers. This means that you take an AOE Class you’re not getting the same old professional development your district puts on, or even classes you’d get through a general Master’s program.
Instead you’ll be getting top-notch Ridiculously Relevant™ course material that you can apply directly to your classroom. These classes are highly engaging, fun, educational, and best of all, you can complete them in your spare time at night or on the weekends.
If you’d like to take an AOE Class, please register and pay no later than the 1st day of the month your class takes place. For example, if you are taking a class in July, then your registration/payment deadline would be July 1st. Due to overwhelming demand, classes sometimes fill early – so register early if possible.
Price & Earning Graduate Credit
The Art of Education is pleased to be partnering with Morningside College a highly accredited and nationally recognized institution for quality professional development opportunities. Moriningside provides top-tier degree-level accreditation through the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). This means that your AOE credits can be used for license renewal, salary advancement, or confidently transferred to a graduate degree program (it’s always best to check with your program to ensure transfer-ability) of your choice.
Virtually all school districts and universities accept credit from The Art of Education through our partnership with Morningside College. We have not found one yet that doesn’t. This is because Morningside is HLC accredited. It is highly recommended though, that you check with your district or state first. Graduate credits are usually universally accepted for license certification and pay scale advances. We started at the highest level to make sure credits will work for you.Visit the AOE/Morningside Partner Page for more information on our educational partnership. The course code we use for all of our classes is EDEX500. This designates the level of credit. You may need this when filling out pre-approval forms.
So, what does it cost? Our online classes for Art Teachers are VERY reasonably priced. Even though we’re providing you with far more interesting and relevant classes than what you’re used to, the price is the same or less than most other institutions out there.
Our graduate level courses (with accreditation through Morningside College) are $250 per credit. If you’re taking the class for your own learning or don’t need graduate credit, but instead need PD hours or PD Points, courses are only $100 per “credit.” During the ‘buy’ phase of our three step sign-up process, you’ll have the option to select ‘credit’ or ‘no credit’ in the AOE Store.
Top 10 Reasons to Take an AOE Class:
1) They’re Ridiculously Relevant™ - AOE Classes were designed specifically for art teachers – by art teachers. This means that you take an AOE Class you’re not getting the same old generic professional development designed for classroom teachers… you’ll be getting top-notch Ridiculously Relevant™ course material that you can apply directly to your classroom.
2) You Can Earn Graduate Credit - The Art of Education is proud to work with Moriningside College to provide you with fully-transferrable and fully-accredited courses. Thanks to this partnership, AOE courses are accepted at almost every higher education institution and local school district.
3) They’re Convenient - Being an Art Teacher is hard, and time consuming. Add to that being a mom, a dad, or just a busy person… you don’t need any extra hassle. AOE classes are flexible to your schedule, and because all of our classes are online, there’s no worrying about traveling or hiring a babysitter!
4) Instructor Feedback - If you’ve taken online classes before, you might be accustomed to waiting days or even weeks to get a response from your instructor. At AOE, we put tremendous value on instructor feedback and participation in the class. You’re here to learn, we’re here to make that learning as smooth and successful as possible.
5) Meaningful Connections - Because AOE classes are designed for art teachers, when you take a class through AOE, you know your fellow participants are like-minded individuals from across the country. Art teachers in similar districts, with similar classrooms, living through similar struggles and triumphs. Much of what you learn, you’ll learn from each other.
6) True Time Flexibility - Take control of your professional development hours. Learn at your own pace. You’re busy, and we know it. That’s why AOE class assignments are all provided at the beginning of the course – so you have the flexibility to work ahead or finish up on the weekends.
7) Easy To Work With - All AOE Classes take place in the AOE Community. This community is a great place to meet, share photos and videos from your classroom, discuss the latest art education trends, but more importantly – serves as a fantastic platform for discussion-based classes. Classrooms in the community are secure and available only to paid class participants.
8) Payment is Easy - If you have a credit-card, you’re only about 5 minutes away from being done with the sign-up process! Now that’s slick. Just follow the simple sign-up process, pay through our online store, and you’re good to go. We even make it easy for your school district, board of education, or PTO to pay for your professional development on your behalf.
9) It’s Not Too Good to be True - The Art of Education was born out of Jessica’s desire to simplify her own Professional Development process. The lack of options available to art teachers was frustrating, so she set out to solve the problem herself! It may seem to good to be true, but yes AOE is a legitimate company, with hundreds of satisfied customers.
10) Classes So Good… They’re Addicting - Who would have thought that taking an online class could be addicting?! This is what class participants regularly say… that they get so excited to check back and see if their post has received comments or what strategies other Art Teachers from around the world are trying! Expect to build relationships and discover things you probably didn’t even know about yourself!
When you’re signing up for PD, wouldn’t it be nice to know what other art teachers who had been through that PD thought!? Definitely!
We ask all of our class participants to take a quick 2-minute survey after their class has concluded. The most important question we ask, is “After taking this class, how likely would you be to recommend it to a friend or colleague? 1-10 (10 being Extremely Likely)”
After 1,000+ art teachers have taken at least one AOE Class, the average rating on this question is 9.26! In fact, over 90% of teachers who have taken our classes responded to this question with ’8′ or above.
Don’t take my word for it… AOE Classes get rave reviews from our past class participants. We’re extremely proud of the feedback we receive and for the overwhelming number of return customers. Here are just a few of the most recent comments we’ve gotten!
Still have a few questions? The answers you seek should be below… if they aren’t, contact us at 515.650.3198 or email@example.com, and we’ll help you with any details you need.
What can AOE Classes offer me?
How do I Sign Up?
What is an Online Class like? How is the material presented?
What is the time commitment?
What type of graduate credits does Morningside offer?
How are the Courses Graded?
Can credits earned from your courses be used for either continuing education credits towards relicensure or towards a lane change (salary advancement) in my school district?
Will these classes be accepted through my graduate program?
How do I obtain my transcripts?
If I or my school district would like more information about AOE Classes, what should I do?
Who can I contact regarding AOE Classes through Morningside College?
My school district, board of education, or PTO wants to pay for my AOE Class. What do I do?
1) The best option is to have your organization make a direct payment via Credit Cart through the normal sign-up process, which you can find here: www.theartofed.com/classes/sign-up. On the first step (Register), you’ll fill out one registration form for each class participant. Whether there’s 1 participant or 5, you can have each participant fill out the form on their own, or designate one single person to fill it out for each participant. Then, on the next step (Pay), have a representative of the organization make one large payment that covers each course for all 5 participants at once. When checking out of the AOE Store, just select the desired class, and choose a ‘quantity’ corresponding to the number of participants. (ex. If you have 5 people taking “Assessment in Art Education” simply add Assessment to your ‘cart’ then choose the quantity of ’5′ before checking out. Add additional course/quantities as necessary).
2) If your organization does not have a credit card, (most organizations do, it might just take a quick phone call to find out) the second best option is to pay for the class yourself, then secure reimbursement through your organization. Since you’ll be handling the reimbursement, all you need to do to sign-up is to go through the normal process which you can find here: www.theartofed.com/classes/sign-up
3) If your organization doesn’t have a credit card and is unwilling to do individual reimbursements (for some organizations, they’d prefer to just make one large payment on your behalf) you’ll have pay via standard PO/Biilling-Process. This process takes longer for all parties involved, but it works if necessary! First, email The Art of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in your email the list of class participants, their email addresses, with the corresponding classes they want to take, along with the dates they want to take the class (make sure it aligns with the course schedule on www.theartofed.com/classes), and the address, name, contact-info. of the party you’d like to be billed – such as your Board of Education, school district, etc. Upon receipt of the email, we will draft a invoice, and forward it on to the billing party you specified. After the check has been cut and the invoice has been paid (which must be complete before the start-date of the class), then you will be officially enrolled.
Can I take an AOE Class even though I don't live in the U.S.?
Don’t hesitate any longer. It’s time you enjoyed some Professional Development designed just for you. It’s time you demanded more from your PD and took the opportunity to interact and learn from Art Teachers all over the world. All it takes is a few minutes to sign-up… classes start on the first of every month! Sign-up now to reserve your spot!