As a sophomore in college, my major was elementary education until half way through my first art class, art history. During this class, I realized I could no longer deny my love for art. Learning about famous art that people across the world had created tens, hundreds, and even thousands of years ago was utterly fascinating. I spent the rest of my college career taking as many art history classes as possible, which included two art history trips abroad. I even went on an art history trip with Jessica to Italy, France and Germany!
I share my love and passion for art history with my students in many ways. They learn about the history of art through reading books and listening to stories, visiting interactive art history websites, watching art history videos, and most importantly, taking field trips to the art local museum. I say “most importantly” because the best way to learn about art is to look at the real thing.
We want to see YOU, our valuable AOE readers in museums all over the world! Maybe all you need to do is head down the street. Maybe you need to make sure the hotel you’re booking for vacation is close to a museum. Whatever you need to do, do it! A fantastic prize could be yours! Take a photo of yourself in a museum and post it to our Facebook page. We’ll choose one lucky participant to win a free AOE Summer Conference Admission. Yes! You read that right! Read on for details below.
1. You must be in the photo. Making the visit alone? See my tips below.
2. One entry per person. Pressure is on to choose your BEST!
3. You may submit a photo you take this summer OR a photo taken in the past. The choice is yours!
4. All entries are due by midnight on Sunday, July 6th 2014. We will post a few reminders between now and then to keep the photos coming.
5. If you’re the winner and have already signed up for the AOE Conference, no worries, we’ll make sure you get a refund.
I’ve posted two photos below to get your creative juices flowing.
Ready to submit? Head on over to the AOE Facebook Page now! If not, no worries. You have until July 6th!
If you could visit any museum in the world, which would it be, and why? Do you have a favorite that you keep going back to again and again?
Let us know about great museums in your local areas! Let’s get a running list below!