2012 Art Ed Blog of the Year – Nominations Now Open!
**Nominations are now closed for this contest. The finalists have been selected. You can vote for the top 20 blogs right here!**
What’s your favorite Art Ed Blog? It’s time to open up nominations for our 2nd Annual “Art Ed Blog of the Year” contest — the blogosphere’s only contest for exclusively honoring Art Education blogs. With so many great blogs out there, the success of last year’s contest, and so many bloggers who generously share so many ideas and don’t always get recognized, we thought it was about time!
We’re looking for your nomination for the Top Art Ed Blogs of the Year. The winners will be promoted with a permanent space on AOE, be featured in the Blogging for Art Educators online class, get kudos in our Weekly Newsletter and will receive a special Award Badge to place on their website.
Please nominate of your favorite art education blog(s). Do so by posting your favorites in the ‘comments’ section below. You may also send your nomination in an email to [email protected] with ‘My Favorite Blog’ in the subject line.
- Be sure to include a link to the blog you’re nominating.
- Be sure to include WHY you like the blog, what sets it apart.
- You are welcome to nominate your own blog.
- You are welcome to nominate more than one blog.
- This website, The Art of Education, is not eligible for nominations. Sorry!
- We are also looking for more SECONDARY blog nominations. Please pass this long if you know of a good middle-upper level blog. They need some lovin, too!
- Try to nominate new and upcoming blogs, too! We want to highlight art teachers doing great things and expose their work to a larger audience.
- Make your nomination by Friday, December 7th.
Committee Consolidation – After all nominations are made, the AOE Committee will vote on and produce the finalists who will then qualify to be included in the vote for ‘Art Blog of the Year.’ Finalists will be selected based on the quality of their content, the frequency of their posts, reader involvement, look and feel of their blog, etc.
Voting – On January 10th, the finalists will be posted here in a ballot format so that you, the readers, can vote on their favorite blog. Voting takes place between December 10-14. Be sure to come back and vote! Nominated blogs are welcome to share the ballot link with their own readership so there are as many voters represented as possible!
Results – The top ten blogs will be selected by, of course, YOUR or votes! The results will be announced on December 16th. You will be notified if your blog is a winner. We’ll announce the winners and the top ten blogs, as well as the finalists, will all receive a unique Award Badge which they can proudly post in the side column or other prominent location on their blog!
Lets honor some of the amazing Art Ed Blogs out there and help them gain the exposure they deserve!
We need your nominations to get started! Let the world know which blogs you are best! Go ahead and enter your nomination(s) right now in the comments section below and be sure to let your art ed colleagues know about this contest through social media, email, and more!