Why Every Art Room Needs a Carpet
A carpet in the art room? You may think I am crazy. A carpet provides a great gathering place for students and I can’t imagine my art room without one.
It sure beats students huddled around a demo table or messing with stuff at their seats while I talk.
Watch this video to see how I use a classroom carpet in the art room, and why I think you should get one, too!
Missed some of my classroom setup posts about how I use my carpet and demo area? No problem! Catch up by clicking below!
- How to use an Elmo to Demonstrate to Students on the Carpet
- Coping with a Triangle Shaped (and tiny!) Art room
- Using a Easel to Engage Students on the Carpet
- Post Vocabulary Words at their Eye Level
- Quick Review During Gathering Time
- How to Deliver Consistant Classroom Rules and Structures
How do you gather students in a structured way for instruction?
What is working for you, and what do you want to change when it comes to gathering and demo time?